About the International Teaching Programme course
The International Teaching Exchange programme is designed for those involved in teaching, training and education who seek further professional development in teaching practice.
In addition to providing confirmation of CPD, the objective of the programme is to Introduce international teaching staff to pedagogy and outstanding teaching practices in the UK.
Providing opportunities to shadow and apply theses good practices in an Ofsted Outstanding UK provider. The University Centre, Grimsby also holds a TEF Silver status on the Higher Education Teaching Excellence Framework.
The 3 week programme will comprise:
- Cultural visits and activities
- Free time to explore the UK and local areas
- Pre-reading and pre-visit introductions to peers within the UK institution and activities with them
- 8 days of tuition, 1 week of micro-teaches and activities hosted at the University Centre Grimsby containing the following indicative content/activity:
- Learning alongside UK based staff including sessions in our dedicated ‘Innovate centre’
- Participating in and, leading classroom activities and interacting with the staff and learners
- Understanding the learner journey and the importance of its component parts
- Participating in induction, screening and target setting activities including the use of individual learning plans.
The focus of the programme (and the majority of time dedicated to it) will be knowledge transfer around ‘delivering outstanding learning’ which will include:
- Planning for impact
- Keeping learners aboard and engaged
- Maximising resources and environment
- Disruptive learning techniques
- Promoting and managing positive and productive behaviour
- Impactful stretch and challenge, differentiation and extension
- Successful starters and rapid recaps
- Questioning for impact
- Technology enhanced learning approaches.