For further information
+44 (1472) 311 222 ext 1504

How to Apply

If you are an international student, wanting to apply for a course at the Grimsby Institute you will need to follow a strict set of instructions, particularly if you are a non-EU citizen and require a Visa to study in the UK.

From the day you apply to the Institute we will be in regular contact via email to let you know the progress of your application. Once your application has been accepted and you have received your official documents we will support you with advice throughout your Visa process.

On receiving a valid Student Visa you will then make your travel arrangements and keep us informed. Should you have any questions or concerns at any point we are here to ease your fears and help in any way we can. This is the time when we can arrange accommodation within our Halls of Residence.

The Grimsby Institute's duties as a licensed sponsor

The Institute has a licence to sponsor students which imposes duties on the Institute. In order to comply with these conditions the Institute must:
  1. Keep a copy of your passport(s), visa(s) and/or Biometrics card(s).
  2. Keep an up-to-date record of your contact details and UK address. This is monitored by the international office and reported to the UKVI when required.
  3. We will report to the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) if:
    • You fail to enrol on time.
    • You are absent from the Institute without permission for a prescribed period.
    • The Institute is no longer your licensed sponsor.
    • Your circumstances change if, for example, your course of study changes or becomes shorter or longer.
    • The Institute has evidence that you are breaking the conditions of your visa.


Please read through the Visa application process click here

Application process

Please read through the application process click here

Terms & Conditions

Click here for our Terms & Conditions