Level 3 International Foundation Year in BusinessThe International Foundation Year in Business is a credit-based award, validated by CERTA and for all successful students, the International Foundation Year in Business guarantees a place on our BA in Business or MBusStrategic Business Environment.
IELTS preparation classes and test are also included in this study programme. Any student achieving 5.5 IELTS / International Foundation Programme will get automatic entrance onto either the BA in Business or MBus Strategic Business Environment.
Duration of Course:28 weeks
Entry requirements:IELTS score of 4.5 (B1) or English Equivalent
What you will learn:
- Business: Communications 3 credits
- Business: Customer Service 3 credits
- Mathematics: Numerical Analysis of Statistical Data 3 credits
- Study Skills: Information Literacy 3 credits
- Study Skills: Exam Techniques and practice 3 credits
- Study Skills: Academic Writing Skills 3 credits
- Business: The Business Environment 6 Credits
- Business: Developing a Business Plan 6 Credits
- Business: Finance for Business 6 Credits
- Business: Principles of Management 6 Credits
- Computing: IT in Organisations 3 credits
- Business: Using the Internet for Business 3 credits
- Business: Principles of Marketing 6 Credits
- Business: Human Resources in Organisations 6 Credits
How is the course assessed:Essays, reports, timed assessments (exams), short answer questions, presentations, case studies and portfolio.
Learning and teaching methods
ContactTelephone : +44 (1472) 311 222 ext 1504
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal OpportunitiesThe Grimsby Instutute Group guarantees that it will deal fairly and effectively with all students, staff and visitors and offer equality of opportunity on the basis of age, creed, gender, impairment, learning difficulty, marital status, national origin, race, religion or sexuality.
Students have the right to expect that this will apply to them without prejudice or discrimination and that they also have the obligation to deal fairly and effectively with other students and staff regardless of age, creed, gender, impairment, learning difficulty, marital status, national origin, race, religion or sexuality.
The Grimsby Institute Group will endeavour to comply with the Equality Act 2010 and additional duties, which requires public bodies to make every effort to support persons with disability.
Course was last updated on 17/10/2013